Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Verify This ContentQuake!

Crap! Have you ever applied for or created something only to have it fail at the very end? I found a site that is supposed to be hiring writers for different things from tv commentary, city information and even NFL team writers. So I thought let's give this a try. What the heck, what is the worst that can happen? No we don't want you. Big deal. So after spending a good bit of time working on the application which included a sample of my writing, I get to the end. Then there is the little box. Verify. So I fill in the letter/number sequence. I hit send. Then I see "verify error". I don't think I made a mistake but I'll do it again. Same thing. After about the fourth time I am really not happy! After spending all that time to get just the right things to say...I really don't appreciate that. Phooey!

3 comments:

Todd said...

Don't feel so bad Jill. I applied for their dvd blogger position. No matter what I did it would not accept my writing sample. Always stated that it was too long even when I chopped it down to 100 words just for kicks. I think their application system is a bit broken. I e-mailed it but I have no idea if anyone saw it. Ahh well.

Todd

Unknown said...

Thanks, that makes me feel better. When I e-mailed John Long, he said he was unaware of anyone having that problem before. Hum...

Todd said...

lol well if you notice on contentquake I made a comment and they said the issue has been fixed and they did get my information. Thats good I suppose ;-)