Thursday, June 18, 2009

PETA vs Obama

I wish I could refrain from commenting on PETA but...WTF! Come on guys, it takes talent to swat a fly. I should know, I've become quite annoyed at the flies who like to visit me while I'm online. Come here little fly (evil grin), smack! Missed again!

From the AP-- The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter-in-chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."

During an interview for CNBC at the White House on Tuesday, a fly intruded on Obama's conversation with correspondent John Harwood.


Compassion? Not around here.

1 comments:

pineapple said...

all I know is that I don't feel so bad about having a few flies in my house since all the best houses in the country seem to be having the same problem. and PETA can take a leap. for real.