Thursday, December 15, 2005

Almost Done

Well finally after a week and a half and some 60 hours I finally finished my Dickens Village.Climbing on 2 tables made of 4 x 8 plywood is not my idea of fun. My knees and elbows are sore. But I'm done. At last I threw the snow on the village. That's the best part. The village is the most tedious and time consuming part of Christmas decorating. Now it's time to do the tree, the bathrooms, the kitchen, the den as well as clean up the mess. Whew, I might be finished next year. Oh and I still have presents to buy. I dont look forward to that. My stepdaughter called the other night looking for ideas of what to get her dad. Of course he says nothing. Maybe a shirt, a video or a Kinky Freedman doll. Does Kinky get the money for that $30 doll. I have a couple of Madame Alexander dolls that didnt cost that much. Then again, they were bought in the 1950's. I just saw some in a store at the prices from $50 to $100! How does anybody afford to buy presents? Yeah, I did manage to buy early one year. Had everything bought, wrapped and hidden by the end of October. But then I forgot where I hid some of them. I'm very good at hiding things, just not good at remembering where. Well, I'm off again to do whatever...

2 comments:

cube said...

I thought I was the only one who forgot where I hid presents! It's one reason why I procrastinate buying presents ;-)

Anonymous said...

Can you post a picture? I need to see how others do their displays. I collect North Pole, and this is the second year in a row that I haven't displayed any (or bought any for that matter!) I really miss it, but I'm out of display ideas that allow me to plug them all in!