Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Grackles Be Gone!

While on my daily early morning dog duty my ears are assaulted by the incessant raspy chorus of the grackle gang. They've been here a while now, to the annoyance of every member of the local bird families and me. Enough already! It's time to go,you've overstayed your welcome. You are like the house guests who won't leave, or worse, the grown kids who won't leave home. We are ready for the "empty nest" guys. Our backyard family is tired of you interrupting our lives and getting in the way. The doves, sparrows, and cardinals can't get to the food because you are in the way. The rest of the neighborhood birds just sit in the trees pleading for me to do something to get rid of you. I have tried to encourage you to leave by taking away your food but you continue to irritate everyone. Even Daisy is tired of you. Don't you have some place else to go? You really need to move on so that the rest of us can get on with our lives. Nobody wants your opinions and you eat too much! You have gotten into fights with the doves and the sparrows are afraid of you. You have even made the bird feeder fall and crack. I miss the sweet sounds of the cardinals early in the morning and the soft calls of the doves as they gather for mealtime. The sparrows are angry and crabby because they can't get their share of the food. Beat it, scram, get out of here. I want my yard back!

2 comments:

AubreyJ......... said...

Nice site, Jill.
Thanks for stopping by and yes... it took me four times to log onto your site. Hope Blogger gets this mess fixed and fast.
Take care...
AubreyJ.........

Dinger said...

I am so with you! I just posted this extreme feeling about these creepy birds. They are a problems from one end of the country to the other.
Nancy in Ohio
http://dingerdinger.blogspot.com/2006/07/i-hate-grackles-they-are-evil.html

and I noticed a California post that was just as frustrated:
http://blackblogdog.blogspot.com/2006/05/bird-wars-wheres-falconer-when-you.html