Monday, March 20, 2006

A Wild and Sometimes Western Weekend

Ok, so I thought this was going to be a quiet weekend. Saturday Jimmy had CE hours so I spent some quiet hours. Nothing on tv so I settled in with a book. After Jimmy finished we went to the store. On the way out we talked to our neighbor. We talked about how we finally got the bee problem done. I noticed that our neighbor had some extra cars in his drive way. There was going to be a party later that day. The balloons filling the entire back of the suv were a dead give away. Didn't think anything about it until 10:00 when I tried to take Daisy out. She refused to do her business because the yelling kids and the fireworks going off scared her too much. Later that night amid more yelling kids we discover more cars everywhere. There was even a truck parked in my driveway! Sunday at 7:30am as I took Daisy out, I discovered a new hole in the fence. The question is who did it? I thought it was the chained up dog. When I looked through the hole, I saw two more holes in the neighbor's fence and the dog was still chained. Now did the dog get loose and get re-chained later or did something else happen? Then I saw what appeared to be a footprint on an overturned flowerpot right by the hole in my fence. I don't remember it being there before. Could the kids having the party have done this? I did see another strange thing that makes me wonder. The house where the kids live has two fig trees in the front yard. All the fruit was torn off the trees and tossed all over the yards. Odd?

Then Sunday we went to the final day of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. I don't really care much about livestock. Eau de Pig just doesn't do anything for me. I did like some of the exhibits. I mostly watched the people. Everything from the high maintanence, latest, glitziest flashy western wear and Cowboy hats to the real cowboys in worn jeans and boots. I still don't know what people think it's cute to wear matching western shirts. Later in the evening we saw the calf roping, bull riding, bronco riding etc. Having no real interest in this I was somewhat bored. Plus, that is really painful to watch on Jumbotron screen-ouch! At last Gretchen Wilson did her show. I liked her but the sound system was really loud!!! And there were fireworks which made me jump out of my skin. The seats were very good. If we had been at a Texans game we would have been on the 50 yard line field level. Reliant Stadium is very nice.

The bathroom trip before and after the evening was another thing all together. As many facilities as they have there is still a line. So many women slaming stall doors, I couldn't help but feel the stalls were about as stable as the Texans offensive line! And there is nothing more "interesting" than watching drunk women,decked out the shining glittering western outfits trying to be cool. I swear there were at least 20 women who escaped from a Ronco Rhinestone volcano. They would never make it through a metal detector!

The ringing in my ears has finally stopped. It's time to get back into my jeans and t-shirt. Oh, wait a minute, that's what I wore yesterday. I absolutely refuse to dress "western". I think I hear the washer calling me.

0 comments: