Thursday, November 09, 2006

Snailing Along

I know it has only been a little more than a week since I talked to Norma, the lady with the townhouse. I know she told me she would call me when it is ready. I know she said it would take about a week to get it ready. So why do I feel that things are moving at a snail's pace? It is now November 9th and on the 1st she said it would take about a week to get it ready. So... Just how long does it take to paint, lay carpet and clean one townhouse? I guess I'm just antsy. I want to be sure that we can make good use of the available help we will get. Plus I hate to have a last minute rush to finish things. When we moved here the last couple of days were exhausting and that was having things boxed up and a moving company doing all the hard work. Realizing that we probably will not have the room to put all our furniture in there, we need to get an idea of what to do. Where will be put our freezer? Currently it is in the garage, before that it was on the covered pation at our other place. I know that we will have to put at least one bed and dresser in storage.

I can't help but feel that things are just crawling along. This makes me nervous. Will I get everything done? It would sure help if I knew just when it would be ready. Right now, I feel like a movie in s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n. Hey, all you snails out there! Wanna race?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminded me of so many times in my life when thing just didn't move fast enough. Now I barely remember why I was in such a hurry. This too will pass. :>)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but smile when I read your post because you sound so much like me. I too hate waiting and get all antsy when things beyond my control move too slow. It's our obsessive-compulsive part revealing itself. Haha! c",)

Hope everything starts rolling for you as they should! Cheers!