Friday, November 03, 2006

Window Dressing?

I glanced out the window as the mailman was delivering our mail yesterday. It was then I noticed our neighbor whose car is always parked in front of this house. Apparently he had decided to clean out the back seat of his car. There is nothing spectacular about this. But his attire made me think twice about bending over a car seat. This guy is built a little like a football lineman, broad shoulders, big rear. Ok, let's just say he is a pound short of fat.He had on a white t-shirt and those nylon long shorts. What grabbed my attention was that these shorts had some kind of logo on the back. It was something like a circle or oval with three letters in the middle. The letter in the middle was larger than the ones on either side. Ok, so what. He opened the car's back door and bent over. Target practice anyone? When he bent over the logo on the shorts was directly centered mid-butt. The large middle letter was the perfect bull's eye. I don't think Chippendale's will be calling him any time soon. I realize that we all have the right to privacy at home. But when someone stands at the sidewalk all bets are off. And I used to wonder why my mother never went outside in her housecoat. Wonder what the mailman thought of his view? Maybe I should get a P.O.Box? Reminds me of the day at our other house when I went outside to get the mail and found myself saying hello to my neighbor as she raked leaves in her thong bikini. Maybe I should invest in a blindfold.

4 comments:

Dr.John said...

A good blindfold doesn't cost a lot. Get it in a nice color. But then you might walk into things so I guess you have to put up with what you see for safety's sake.

Anonymous said...

I have a neighbor (she) who is several pounds over fat and on sunny days treats us all to her in a bikini. She is quite adament about having the right to dress as she pleases in her own yard. I guess she's right, but it still is a blight on the landscape.

Bazza said...

I can just vision Bart Simpson with a catapult!

Anonymous said...

ROFLMBO! I love it when my neighbors do things like that & I get a laugh for the day. Raked leaves in a thong???? EW!