Monday, April 09, 2007

Socks Travel Light

We have all heard the jokes about losing socks in the wash. I rarely have that problem. However, the last couple of weeks a sock or two has decided to take a trip. I learned some time ago not to leave the socks on the floor while sorting the clothes for washing. Daisy loves to steal them. But the other week one of my black socks decided to go on a trip. I looked in the washing machine, the floor, the basket and even under the bed. No luck. Then today one of my tan socks took off too. Maybe they are going on strke for better shoes. I feel their pain. Every time it rains they get wet as we walk the dogs outside. It's not their fault, the shoes are old and have holes in them.Or maybe they just want a little adventure before they go to the great plastic bag that gets thrown into the landfill of the lost. Socks know these things. They feel the air between the toes or at the back. They know time is short.A little last fling before dying. We could all use one of those.

Alas,I found them lingering beside the washer. One never made it to the washer and the other made it through but jumped to the floor before going to the dryer. Come on guys, your mates miss you. I know, I know, you don't have that much time left and you want to see a few more things before I have to replace you. I feel for you. An old pair of socks so warm and comforting, what stories they could tell. Hold on a little longer please. I'm not ready to let you go just yet. But, get back in the sock drawer, now!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a law in the universe that says that only one sock in a pair can go missing?