Monday, June 25, 2007

Blind Dates?

This week could be interesting. A couple of Jimmy's poker buddies will be in Houston for a little visit. We have never met. Of course Jimmy "sees" them allmost everyday when they play online poker. Jeff and his wife will be here later in the week. Jeff's in-laws live in Houston. Since Jeff and his wife are moving back to Alabama they will stop by during their move. Jeff and I have some things in common. We both have lived in Alabama and we both are Crimson Tide fans. They recently sold their house in Phoenix and will be moving near Birmingham. He misses Alabama and his wife is lucky enough to be able to transfer to a job there. They won't be here long since they are on the move.

Jan is another story. She will fly in here tomorrow evening. Of course the weather will be rainy the whole time of her visit. When Jimmy IM'd her about the weather, her comment was that she'd be on the plane the whole time stuck on hold. Well...she might be delayed as things go. I just hope that Jimmy will be able to take a couple of days off. He has not had a vacation in over six years. His usual statement about taking a vacation is "too much work..." I don't really know anything about Jan. According to Jimmy, she likes coffee and wine. Well, that makes two things we both like. She is a CPA with a firm in the Washingtion, DC area. That just makes my head hurt. Of course taxes make my head hurt! She has some good clients I guess. Since I know really nothing about Jan, I feel a little like this is a blind date. What do we talk about? If Jimmy can not get the time off, what will we do until she leaves on Friday? Only time will tell. Come to think of it I've never had a blind date. Guess I need to stock up on the wine. Cheers, chaps!

4 comments:

cube said...

Talk about your dogs while you keep the wine coming and coming ;-)

Bazza said...

Wine always works for me.

Duez said...

Hope it is fun.

Unknown said...

A wineful good time!! Jan had to fight Daisy for the wine. Can we say lush?