Friday, June 08, 2007

Let Me fan myself while I Complain

I am beginning to think my ex-neighbors had the right idea. I hope it is cooler there. I walk out the front door and am hit with the humidity. This is at 6 o'clock in the morning! The temperature has not yet gone up much past 85.Sigh. Well I once heard that the humid climate here is good for the skin. Who said that? I don't wear much in the way of makeup, so I have to wonder about all the women who wear a lot of it. Seen a woman with makeup melting? Alice Cooper is the look. Summer has not even appeared here yet. No, let me correct myself. Here there is Summer and a few minutes of Spring and Fall. That's it. The calendar say it is not Summer yet. I see that right there on the calendar on the wall as it curls up in the kitchen.

No wonder "Gone With the Wind" was so long. Margaret Mitchell had to use the pages as fans. I grew up before central air conditioning was in every home. This not good for a Southern Belle. Now, let me see, which witch melted in the "Wizard of Oz". I'm going to look into my freezer. Maybe I'll move there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As I read this entry, I thought, "That sure sounds like Houston". I lived there for a total of about 22 years. Don't miss it at all. I'm in Mesa, Az now. Sweat evaporates and actually cools you off instead of just getting you wet. Wonderful.

Duez said...

The blast furnace has begun. We got out of the car today going to Walgreens and it hit me... it is summer!

It is getting HOT!

maria said...

And I complain when we get a few days in a row of humidity...

I'm sure happy to live in Ontario, Canada, not Texas. I just couldn't handle the heat and humidity.

Marie