Thursday, July 26, 2007

Doctor, Oscar is Here

Oscar the grim reaper, I mean cat lives at a nursing home. He seems to have an uncanny ability to predict when a patient is going to die. He has been around since he was little and knows his way around. He apparently likes to roam the halls and visit the patients. When the patients are within hours of death he likes to lie down beside them.

Some say this is a little creepy, some are glad for the warning. I have mixed feelings. I like the idea that his warnings give the chance for families to make arrangements for final goodbyes.

Can you imagine when the nurse has to call a patient's doctor to tell him that his patient is near death. I can just imagine the conversation. A doctor who is the "I'm the doctor here" type might not appreciate a cat predicting a patient's death. Other people probably feel relieved that their loved one's suffering is nearly over.

On the other hand, this sounds like a Stephen King plot or something out of the "Twilight Zone". I can just hear Rod Serling now...Oscar the cat has come to visit Mr Jones. Hum.

3 comments:

Lori's Minute said...

I think that is great! Although if I see him, I am running the other way!

Lori's Minute said...

Hey, I figured out how to leave a comment on your page! I have tried before but had trouble....thanks for your comments on mine.

cube said...

I think he can smell the metabolic collapse of impending death... still, I don't want that cat anywhere near me. It's like something out of the X-Files.