Monday, July 09, 2007

Fill'er Up While I Watch the News

I've never tried this because I don't usually buy gas at WalMart. One local tv station apparently has a deal with WalMart to show the news at the gas pumps. Let's hope it is just the news. Some how I don't think it would be a good idea to watch a two hour movie while filling a car with gas. Can I have some popcorn? How 'bout a Coke? Who thought up this bright idea? Assuming that the gas pump tv's only show the local news, does anyone really want to wait around to see the news? Sure, filling the tank can take a few minutes. But do we really need to watch news then too? I don't think this will cause a traffic jam at the pumps. At least I haven't seen one yet. Of course when the local news is on, I'm not buying gas. On the other hand standing around waiting to fill the gas tank is a little boring sometimes. The news can be a little depressing, too. So how about a few short minutes of comedy. Would you rather start your day (or end it) with news or a few laughs? I'm sure there are a few out of work comedians who would love the gig.

0 comments: