Thursday, December 27, 2007

Do Fish Get Bored?

I have read that watching fish in an aquarium can lower blood pressure. Maybe it is so. But I also have to wonder about those little guys. What do they think as they swim around and around, back and forth. Do they communicate with each other? I know they all seem to fight for a spot at the top when it is feeding time. They seem to enjoy chasing each other around. The mollies like to chase each other around. The zebras and tetras like to swim around together. The red tipped shark likes to hide in the cubby holes of the rock. Then there is the fish that likes to clean the glass and rocks. What a job. Who caught all those fish? After watching them race around, up and down and across, I wonder. What do they do for fun? I would think it would get boring quickly. Just imagine going around and around all day getting nothing done. Sounds like some jobs I have had. Seems a little boring to me. But then again I am not a fish.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand that a fish has very limited brain capacity. I doubt they get bored because in order to get bored one has to have long term memory.

pineapple said...

They can only remember for about 5 seconds and then their memory is wiped clean (or so I'm told) so I guess that whole fish tank thing works out pretty well for them.

cube said...

I wouldn't worry about it. Fish don't have a whole lot in the brain department.

Of course, if they did have super brain capacity, how in the world would they communicate it to us?

bettygram said...

Have a Happy New Year!

Dr.John said...

Certainly the fish get bored. They weren't made to live in little tanks and swim round and round. They were made to live in big bodies of water where everyday is an adventure.
I wish you and yours (including any fish) a happy ( not boring) and blessed New Year.

Margaret said...

My fish wiggle and know when I'm walking by. They have some interesting personalities.

Happy New Year Jill. =O)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I hope 2008 finds you and yours well, happy and blessed in all things good!