Friday, February 27, 2009

Another Chapter

I got a nice surprise the other day. My daughter, Traci, called me. We don't get many chances to talk. Anyone with three kids knows how that is. We caught up on a lot of things and we also talked about the unraveling of my marriage. Before I realized it we had talked for nearly two hours.

In the ongoing soap opera of our family a new story line is emerging. I've been weighing my options. Do I try to go it alone and try to get my own place here in Houston? I have looked at the details of what I would need to get into an apartment. Not exactly cheap, for sure. Deposits and other things would mean a struggle. I kept thinking of different things that I would have to buy. That is if I was able to get a job.No easy task there.

I had already talked with Annie about what I should do. She helped me get some new ideas. Then when I talked to Traci I got even more ideas. They both made me feel so much better. Now I am to the point of looking at what I can take and how much I will need to discard and what to pack. I have a few boxes here left from when we moved in. Now it occurs to me I don't have any old newspapers to wrap stuff. Aw, nuts.

I still can't get a straight answers out of Jimmy. The only real response I get is when I ask if he really plans to go through with this and he says yes. As to why he made this decision, I still get the run around. Funny how some people will hold onto clothes they can no longer wear, but not the spouse. Oh well.

At least I have wonderful children whom I greatly appreciate and see their value. Since I'm getting older by the minute, seeing is beliving. Then I saw this:
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones that I do like, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

6 comments:

maria said...

I'm sending you some positive vibes to help you go through this difficult period of your life.

I'm sure your children will be of great help.

Maria

P.S.

Just keep remember this line:

"God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones that I do like, and the eyesight to tell the difference."

bettygram said...

I hope you do not have to rush to make any choices. Children can be such a help.

pineapple said...

Wow. Your blog was a shock (guess a lot can happen when you drop off the blogosphere for a few weeks). I'm so sorry (or happy for you, depending on how you are feeling about it). No doubt you will land on your feet and will be better for it. My thoughts are with you.

cube said...

This is a shock. I don't know what to say except I wish you all the best.

Dr.John said...

I hurt with you. I can't imagine life without Betty.
I know all the problems Pat had when his wife up and left him. He never got a good explanation either.
Your lucky because you have support in your kids.
If a divorce is certain my experience with people in the parish over the years is that you will need a good lawyer. Spouses are seldom fair.

Margaret said...

Divorce is hard, I've been through one. It helps to step back and look at the estranged spouse from the Lord's eyes. God loves him. Sure He is probably shaking His head at what a putz he's been behaving like - but He loves him.

Just as the Lord loves you and will give you the strength for whatever comes ahead. He'll provide the means. Give it all to Him.

If you need an ear or someone to talk with - my email is margiemix@comcast.net. I've been there - but also have been very blessed when I just let go and gave it ALL to the Lord.

I'll be praying for you.