Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Too much stuff

I've been going through things that I have amassed over the years, or should I saw what I have here cause a lot of my stuff is still in storage. I feel discouraged because there seems to be so much, even though I have gotten rid of a lot of stuff. Then I open another door and find more stuff.

Maybe I can get Traci to help me sell some of this stuff on eBay. I have been moving a lot of stuff around for too many years. I was going to give it to an eBay store near by but they moved way on the other side of town and I am not in the mood to drive all that far. Oh wait, I can't do that even since Jimmy's truck is in the shop, he is using the Trans Am.

My back hurts and the dogs keep looking at me like I am nuts. Maybe I am.Last night we talked about what to do about the Dickens Village stuff. "Do you want it?" he said. "Yeah but where would I put it?Again since I don't think I will ever have the room for it again, maybe I should sell it? Of course that would require that we get all of it out of storage and I just don't think there will be enough time or a place to put it when I move.

There sure is a lot to think about.I still have to do the taxes next week so that we can get that check to Uncle Sam. Then I have to print up a schedule and how to pay the bills since Jimmy has never done that.Talk about a rude awakening! So much to do...so little time. Oh well, I have a strange yen for a beer. I'm tired, think I go sit down a while and as Scarlett O'Hara said "I'll think about that tomorrow..."

6 comments:

maria said...

Hello friend,

I feel for you. I've never been in your situation but I can imagine what it must be like.

My advice about your "stuff".
Dumb it or sell it.

Get rid of as much as possible.

You are going to start a NEW LIFE.
Do not bring old memories with you.

Life will be beautiful again because YOU will make it that way.

I have great confidence in the fact that you will come out of this
BETTER and HAPPIER.

My 2 cents

Warmly,
Maria

dmarks said...

I'm always battling the stuff.

Unknown said...

Yeah, stuff takes over our lives. My problem is that a lot of my stuff is stuff my mother had for years before she died.

maria said...

Hi Jill,

I can understand your reluctance to get rid of your stuff now that I
know it's your mom's things.

I have the same problem with some of my mom's clothes. She died 5 years ago and I still have a lot of her clothes that I can't bring myself to give away.

Maria

pineapple said...

I feel for you. It is really hard to let go of your things. I suggest you take a hard look at what things you have. If it was something that truly has sentimental value, you should keep it. But it is very liberating to ditch (or sell) the junk that has no meaning. Good luck.

cube said...

I tend to be a packrat myself. I have way too much stuff that I can't make myself throw away or sell.