Monday, February 05, 2007

What Did You Think?

We watched the sloppy, wet Superbowl yesterday. I am glad the Colts won. But, I really wanted to see the new ads. Yes, I've been hooked into the hoopla every year. Which ad will be the winner and which will be the dud. For some reason I was more underwhelmed than impressed. Oh sure, there were a couple of nice ones. I liked the one with the rabbits and the mouse, and of course the heart string tugger with the Budwiser dogs. I even liked the one with Charles Barkley. But to me, most of the ads did not live up to the hype. The Coke one that showed the guy helping others was nice, but the ones done by the non ad people were just as good, maybe better. Then maybe I'm a little jaded, I usually channel surf when the commercials are on. This crop of new commecials didn't really inspire me. So after checking out the new ads, guess I'll keep surfing.

So football season is, except for the Pro Bowl over. Can baseball season be far behind? Sorry, I just can't get that into basketball... Come on spring training-Go Stros! How come there aren't splashy ads during the World Series? Too many games I guess...

3 comments:

Bazza said...

If the ads are the highlight, do you think you are taking it seriously enough?

Anonymous said...

My AFC team won, yay.

I was also disappointed with the ads. It was like they were trying to come up with something clever and creative and they were somehow missing the boat. Or they were just flat out boring.

cube said...

There were less good ads this year than previous years. Perhaps last year was the zenith of creativity?

BTW I know I'm in the minority, but I liked the Robert Goulet ad. I can't seem to find anyone who agrees with me.