Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Water, Water Everywhere, Again

When I took Daisy outside last night before bed, I noticed a lot of water running in fire house back yard. We did have a big series of thunderstorms come through around lunch time. But this had nothing to do with it. As Daisy and I walked around our building I saw water flowing from the same area which was hit by the truck recently. I guess it is a good thing that there is a drainage ditch along the road. The water had made the yard area into a lake and it continued to run quickly into the ditch. It looked like a little water fall into the ditch. I guess it is a good thing that the ditch drains fairly well. Otherwise we could have an even bigger problem if the water were to move along the yard into our area. When I came back inside I asked Jimmy if I should call someone. Of course not. All they will do at 11:00 at night would be to turn off the water, leaving all the residents with no water. And how come the cops did not see this when they did their drive arounds? Well it is now almost 8:00 am and the water is still flowing merrily along. Traffic has moved along and settled down from it's early morning crawl. The water is still running. When I took the dogs out this morning they both looked at me as if to ask "what is this mess?" More water, running again. Wonder how long it will take for someone to shut it off this time? Anybody got a row boat? How about an ark?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently these people haven't heard about water conservation.