Monday, December 01, 2008

Where are the Leftovers?

Well we all survived the Thanksgiving week-end. There was enough food to feed a small nation. Somehow I never got any of the deserts. Luckily Jimmy made two buttermilk pies so we have one in the freezer here. I made 40 deviled eggs and never got any of them. For most of the day the guys were outside playing horseshoes and drinking beer or "watching" the kids. We all know how that goes...

We were inside most of the time talking or watching tv. Have you ever been kissed by an iguana? Pat and Amanda have a small aquatic zoo with fish, big turtles and little turtles as well as an iguana. The kids liked holding the turtles and the iguana. Of course Annie does not like any kind of lizard anywhere near her.. Somehow now there is a picture of her with it on her arm. I don't know who was more nervous, Annie or the iguana. Some how while I was playing with it I found myself face to face with the little guy, literally. I guess I rate an approval because I got a little kiss from him. Well, I guess that is one thing I can scratch off my "bucket list".

I enjoyed listening to all the stories of what all the gang is doing. I think Pat is going to have to ask a few more questions about the women he meets. Like , "What do you do for a living, where do you live, are you married?" Less "oops" that way...too funny. Then as I listened to one of my daughters talk about some problems they had with a family member and how mad she was, I could not help but remember how frustrated we were with her when she was a teenager. Can we say payback? How does that shoe fit anyway?

Jason was able to fix my computer. I'm using it now. But now I have to fight with it to get it back to the way it was. I think the problem is my monitor. I've been trying to get the pages set right and the print size to stay right. I'm going a little nuts here.

Traci went to a pet store and bought two rats. Yes, I said rats. They have been named " Biscuit and Gravy" and are really cute, calm and playful. One of them sat in Traci's shirt pocket yesterday before everyone left. Traci did make sure that they are two of the same sex so there will be no little rats.

Yesterday one of my guppies gave birth. So now I have some extra ones. I hope they will be able to hide in the grass long enough to survive to maturity. We shall see.

Now I have to get back to the mundane things, like laundry. At least my red shirt is clean. Today is "Battle Red Day" in Houston since the Texans are playing in their first Monday Night Football game. Gee we get to watch them embarress themselves on national tv. Maybe they will play good. Hope springs eternal. The Texas Longhorns were tied for division champion with Oklahoma and Texas Tech. Even though Texas beat Oklahoma, in the tie breaker the Sooners were picked to play Missouri for the Conference championship. Now we have to root for Missouri! Texas Tech gets left out completely. So wrong on so many levels.

Now I have to get back to figuring out how to get the print settings better. Grrr.

4 comments:

Catch said...

I know what you mean about your computer, I have a friend who works on mine and when he leaves Im like......hmmm.....what did he tell me about that????? lol. Glad you had a joyful Thanksgiving.

Dr.John said...

Glad your thanksgiving went well . It sounds like you had a zoo there. We didn't have an iguana but my grandson had a Python he wanted people to hold.

pineapple said...

No deviled eggs! I think that is some sort of crime against humanity to make that many deviled eggs and not get any! Glad you had a great turkey day because the news about the Horns was not. Boo on the BCS!

cube said...

You should come to my house because we still have leftovers, including turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce.

Then there are portions of a pumpkin pie, an apple pie, and a triple chocolate bundt cake that my sister brought over and left.

These are calling to me from the fridge. Help.