Monday, May 11, 2009

DVD? Take Your Pick...

It has occurred to me recently that I have been severely deprived. Yes, poor me. Traci and Bobby often ask if I have seen this movie or that movie. The answer is always "no". It would seem that I have missed quite a few movies. I remember seeing ads for different movies on tv. Some looked good, some not so much. Some I actually thought it would be nice to see in a theater. But since it was nearly impossible to pry Jimmy away from his poker games, we never went to a real movie. Oh sure we'd see movies on tv. Take a note, Ted, it may be time to get some new "classic" movies. I really think I have seem almost all of yours. But going to a real movie theater? Until Traci, Annie and I went to see Dwayne Johnson in the "Witch Mountain" movie, I had not been to a theater in years. As a matter of fact, the last movie I saw in a real theater was Bram Stoker's "Dracula". How long ago was that?

So I have some catching up to do. Luckily Traci has quite a collection of recent movies on DVD. Recently I saw "Transformers", one of Brad's favorites. He and Traci had to update me on what they were. They both are waiting for the new one to come out. Last night we watched "Ironman". I thought it was an interesting movie. Then we watched my hero, Harrison Ford's latest Indiana Jones movie. Ah yes, a fine man Mr. Ford is...

Now I am starting to think I need to do some real catch up work on movies. But at least there are a lot of good movies here on DVD. Ah, so many movies, so little time. Maybe I should make note of them and add them to my "bucket list"?

1 comments:

cube said...

I, too, have a hard time getting to a theatre. I much prefer watching movies at home where I can eat what I want, wear what I want, and go to the bathroom when I want without missing anything.

A DVD is the way to go. I don't mind waiting a little bit... OK, not for Star Trek. Mr. Cube and my cubelets are all going to see that one in the near future.