Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Right Now Quiet

It has been years since I have been in a new residential subdivision. This area has been developing for a couple of years now. It has a nice country feel to it, nice and quiet. Traci and Bobby like it, except when the construction is right on top of them. Then it gets to be chaos. Traci told me about the times the school bus could not get down the street because of all the construction trucks blocking the street and driveways. Since I've been here the last couple of months have been quiet. I could here the houses going up on a couple of other streets. But the nail gun noise was just far enough away not to be too bothersome.

Well, all our quiet is now changing again. There soon will be two houses built. One is going in near the end of the street. Right now that house is just about done with the basics. I saw a concrete truck go there this morning so I guess it won't be long before the framing starts. Then the other day the dump trucks dropped off five loads of dirt in the newly started house form directly across the street. I hope that house will be a two story cause the form seems very small. But what do I know. Then bright and early this morning the fun continued with more dirt and more noise.

Right now, it is again quiet. I can only assume that in a little while there will be more trucks disturbing the peace here. Daisy has already decided to try to tell them they are disturbing her peace by barking out the window at them. Somehow I don't think they even notice. For now, I'll just enjoy that quiet...

4 comments:

pineapple said...

sounds like Daisy is about to be a working dog (it is hard work to bark all day).

bettygram said...

Take your peace while you can. It will come when the neighborhood is complete.

cube said...

I know you hate the noise, but right now, construction is very slow in Florida, and I love the sound of jobs.

Dr.John said...

That is the sound of a recovering economy. Be happy for it.