Thursday, May 25, 2006

Coffee or No Coffee ?

I think someone is trying to tell me something, or maybe my karma is off. I decided to program the coffee pot to come on automatically last night. I had not reprogramed it since the last time the power went off. Usually I just get up, go down stairs and fix my coffee then. Since I dont use the coffee pot as a clock I havent bothered to set it. So, I thought "I'll just set this thing and it will be one less thing I have to do in the morning". I put on my glasses, set the time, and then set the delay brew feature. Or so I thought. This morning as the time to brew approached I noticed nothing happened. Ok. I checked the pot, I had forgotten to set the delay brew button. So,I turn on the pot. As it started, I realized I also forgot to put water in the pot. So I do that and turn the pot back on. Then I realize that I didnt put any coffee in it either. So, I get out the coffee, the filter basket and the filter and put it all in the coffee pot and wait. Nothing happened. Then I realized I had forgotten to turn the pot back on! By this time I'm just about to flip out cause now I really want that coffee and dont want to wait. But now I have to wait. I think the gods are against me. Maybe I had better not go outside, I might get struck by lightning even though it is a clear day. Then again, this could be the day I get pooped on by a bird. Is it time to go to bed yet? On the other hand after watching the news story last night about all the dust mites and dust mite "poop" in pillows that are over five years old, bed doesnt sound that good either. I absolutely refuse to get in the car today! Maybe I should just have some orange juice, but I'd probably pour the juice on the floor that I just mopped yesterday! Have a nice day! Right?

5 comments:

Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Well it could have benn worse, you could have been heading for a Starbucks or some other Faux Cafe.

Mites are bad. Mite poop is worse

but think of it like this alcohol is just yest poop

At least tommorrow is Friday. Yawn

Anonymous said...

Sometimes technology sucks. Oh, and in some cultures, getting pooped on by a bird is considered good luck. I'm not sure why, though.

Himself said...

While in the U. S. I use coffee singles (Like tea bags except ....you know)

Pixie said...

Like I wanted to know what lived in my pillows! Thanks! Now I'm freaked out!

annieskyman said...

Thanks mom!
Now I have to wash all my pillows.
Hope you finally got your coffee!