Friday, January 23, 2009

It Will Get Better, Right?

Ah, it's Friday. Maybe this weekend will be at least quiet. These days I almost never know which annoyance will raise it's ugly head first. I keep thinking that I should just let things go and be cool. But sometimes that is not all that easy. Ever find yourself feeling like every one and every thing irritates you? Yeah, we all know the drill; step back, relax, forgive. uh huh.

Every time I walk around the back of our building, I feel a tweak of irritation as I walk the dogs to their duty calls. The neighbor next to us put a sign in her living room window telling "me" not to let my dog poop around her area, and that it is against the law not to pick up poop. First, mine don't poop under her windows and second there is no law in the county about poop pick up. Third, the lady who keeps half a dozen kids during the week has a dog, Lucy, which she turns loose, sans leash, to run free to do poop any where she wants. But, unofficially, I think I am being blamed. Just cross me on it woman.

Since the weather has been semi-warm all week I have had to listen to the dulcet tones (not) of children screeching as they play on the postage stamp patio of the babysitting lady. Couple this with the times she leaves her dog alone on the patio to yelp and complain, I wonder where peace and quiet went. I feel a little like repeating Greta Garbo's line of "I want to be left alone."

To top it all off Jimmy has been in a "mood" and won't say much more than "I want to be left alone." Maybe it is just a phase, a mid-life crisis? Of course the natural tendency to this would be to ask "What did I do to you" and of course the answer is "It's not you, it's me". Ah, at least we have two tv's. We can each be alone...

So, I will close with this...

One day the zookeeper noticed that the monkey was reading two books--the Bible and Darwin's "The Origin of Species."

In surprise, he asked the monkey, "Why are you reading both those books?"

"Well," said the monkey, "I just wanted to know if I was my brother's keeper or my keeper's brother."

3 comments:

Dr.John said...

Its the winter. The lack of sunlight cause depression and that leave me alone feeling.

cube said...

Good post. Kind of bleak, but nothing that time won't solve, I think.

Bazza said...

Trust me, you are not alone, everyone and everything irritates me as well, I could write a list, but I'll just get angry doing it. Grrrrrr!