Monday, January 05, 2009

Brain Sex??

Until last night I had never heard of this. Go ahead and laugh. But after thinking about it, it could make some sense. I was watching "Brothers and Sisters" last night when Kitty and Robert were in his office talking. Well, as they said they were having a spirited discussion. They were really enjoying the sharing of ideas, viewpoints and information. In the scene, after the discussion, they called their conversation "brain sex". Huh? That is what I thought. They said they felt such joy and passion after their discussion that it was not unlike, well sex.

I thought this was an interesting concept. How many times do we have really good, fun discussions with our spouses/partners? Thinking about this, it really does make some kind of sense. I know people that I find interesting and enjoy talking to them. But I don't see them every day. So I don't get to have spirited discussions about things. And lets face it, after you have been married a while how often do you really talk about or discuss things. Many people joke about how well a couple knows each other that they can finish each other's sentences. They know what opinions each other has. But given the show's characters description of their vibrant discussions, how often do we have great "brain sex"? Hum...

3 comments:

Bazza said...

Brings a whole new meaning to stimulating conversation!

Dr.John said...

Not often I'm afraid.

cube said...

I have had spirited discussions with people who've shared a passion for a subject, but Mr. Cube would really frown on calling it "brain sex". Can't we call it something more benign? ;-)