Monday, November 07, 2005

I'm already behind..

Man, I am so far behind I don't know where to start. WalMart is playing Christmas music already. I saw an suv with a Christmas tree on top. Guess somebody is getting ready to decorate. Won't be long until I start seeing wreaths on the grills of cars.It's November 7th and I dont have my Dickens Village up yet. This is becoming a monumental task. We first had a couple of buildings on a cedar chest for decoration. Now, it incompasses 2 tables of full size plywood and another table made of a half sheet of plywood. This is still not big enough so I have to create more space in the bay window and book shelves. What once took 5 minutes to create,now takes closer to 2 weeks to get everything put together. Trying to re-create the London of the 1800's is no easy task. Snow, trees, characters and night lights need to be as real as possible. One of these days, I'll actually get some fog filtering around the city. Sometimes I wonder why I bother. My husband and I enjoy it, the kids and grandkids do too. But,alas I don't think any of them want to inherit it, nor do they have the patience to put it together. And of course space is a problem. I have had to treaten my husband not to buy any this year. But that probably wont last, he'll see a building and it will beg to go home with him. It's time to get busy, and I am running behind...

1 comments:

Constance Squared said...

I collect the North Pole series, and finding room to display them all has me so frustrated, that last year I didn't even bother with them. This year we are having a holiday party and I really want to be able to put them out, but I'm not sure how. The other fly in the ointment are the cats. I always come home to little Santas lying in the middle of the floor, having been turned into a cat toy!