Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Pain in the Neck, I Mean Back

Funny how things affect a person's mood. An argument with the spouse or child will easily put you in a bad mood. People at work will annoy you. But, I was not ready to be in a bad mood today. However, when I got up this morning, or tried to get up, I was immediately irritated. My back hurts. I'm not usually a complainer, I just go on and do what I have to do. But today is a different story. Bending over to put food in the dogs bowls hurt, lifting anything hurt. It hurts to sit, it hurts to stand. Usually I work it out and finally any pain I have goes away. Today, nothing seems to work and I really dont feel like doing anything. Having pain in the back is a real pain in the neck! Guess I'll have to find the heating pad and go sit down with it. Daisy will love that because she'll want to be right by me. Could be worse as I think of people with much worse problems. But I feel like whinning today. Tomorrow will be better, right?

14 comments:

Catch said...

hopefully tomorrow will be better.....I always complain when I have pain...I want evevryone around me to know I AM IN PAIN!...lol..just me being me....Im from Dr JOhn

Lori's Minute said...

Hope you are better today...somtimes we need to just whine and blogging is the best place because we have all been there!

Sent by Dr. JOhn...

B.R.L said...

Hi cool nice blog From Dr.johns Crazy Object b.

Cindy said...

Yes, tomorrow will be better! The weatherman has promised that the heat is going to diminish at least a little bit. Dr. John sent me.

Margaret said...

Whine all you want there! I'll listen! (It's my turn tomorrow!) Seems all those aches, joints, backs and things are acting up lately. This weather is surely no help. Hope you feel better soon. -Margie (sent via Dr. John.)

Bella said...

Sorry you are having a bad day. I know they happen. I hope your back feels better. Maybe if you read Dr. John's blog, it will make you foget about the pain for a little bit. ;)

Gingers Mom said...

Sorry you are having a bad day. Fell better soon! Dr JOhn sent me

Anonymous said...

Sorry your back is paining you...take it easy. Whining is okay too, as long as you don't whine too long :-) Dr. John sent me over!

B.R.L said...

I also have back pain. I am not sure if it is the weather or the fact that I have been lifting heavy boxes.
Hope your back is back to normal soon.
Came from Dr John's.

Stacy said...

It's getting pretty late in the day so I hope you're feeling better. Dr. John sent me.

kristi said...

Hi I am visiting from Dr. Johns page

I really hate it when I wake up and things have already gone wrong..it always sets the tone for a bad day.

Hope you get to feeling better and that tomorrow is a better day all around

Neoma said...

Hi Jill, I notice you are in Houston, my second son just moved there last week......Hope that he likes it. I guess you are having extreme heat also.

Sorry to hear about your back. I know how you feel, when you hurt and someone asks, How are you, it is pretty hard to say fine, when you are hurting like heck. I woke up with an earache......and it has greatly affected my mood all day. I sure wish it would stop.

I am here via of the Dr. John Marathon.

Neoma said...

I have decided I really like your blog, and enjoy your stories, I am going to link you so that I can return and read again.....

Pixie said...

My goodness Jill! I hope you get to feeling better soon. I was down in the back once & Doans back pills helped ease it some. Main thing was to just rest & let it heal. Of course in this fast pace world; that isn't always easy. Soft squeezes to ya & sending all the get well vibes I can spare. :-)