Friday, August 25, 2006

Reality Bites

Buzz, buzz, buzz! Just listen to all the people talking about the upcoming Survivor season. Everybody has an opinion. Many people are objecting. Dividing the teams by race doesn't seem to sit well with some people. Well, after all the program has become rather boring of late. Sounds more like a great marketing ploy to me. Already the producers have accomplished at least one goal. It certainly grabbed the attention of a lot of people. Will the public watch? Is it a good idea? Will it be looked at as stereo-typical of the races?

Personally, I don't care. I think there are too many "reality" shows anyway.People racing around the world, people living in a house,voting each other out. People who think they can sing or want to be part of a rock band. America's got talent, really? I don't even want to think about Paris Hilton doing (or attempting)anything. Some people even think they can dance. Not everyone can.

I might take a peek at the race, but I won't waste my time idolizing any of these shows. Well, there might be one little exception. I will be dancing with the stars.

2 comments:

Lori's Minute said...

I agree and think it is a marketing ploy. But, like I told my hubby, I watch the show because I like it. I like to see if my favorite person wins and what I would do if I were in their shoes. Rather than griping about racisim, I would show people what I am capable of.

Pixie said...

I'm with you; I'm sick of reality tv. I wish we could go back to The Cosby Show days. I think I spend my life stuck in re-runs. However I am looking forward to Grey's, Desperate Housewives & Commander in Chief. I also am hoping some of the new shows they are promoting will be good ones. Now that we have Tivo, I'm ready to go! :-)