Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I Don't Need Spin, I Need a House!

And so, it goes... I don't need people selling me on something I don't need. When I call about your ad, not direct me to something else. I called on the ad and that is what I want to talk about with you! I live in a no spin zone!(Sorry Bill!) If I want spin I'll talk to a politician! In my search to find a cheaper place to live, I have found some "agents" who really don't want to break a sweat. I have gotten really good at spotting them, too. When I call and the phone rings 20 times before the voice mail kicks in and they don't call back for 2 hours, well... Then when I ask about their ads, they really don't seem to want to discuss them. I guess it is easier to just pull up the old software program on the PC than think about anything. After all 10 key strokes is easier than having to actually do some research, right? No wonder this is a free service. Yeah, you get what you pay for.

Let me dig into to all this paperwork and try to recall a couple of these people who actually seemed to have an interest in their work. I'm really tired of trying to modivate the people who are just taking up space. Go away, I can do you job, at least I am still breathing.

12 comments:

Trinity13 said...

When my hubby and I were looking into getting a home, our realitor gave us a huge book of homes to look at instead of doing any reasearch herself...ahhh, that's life I guess.

Catch said...

they just dont make realitors like they used to!I am here today via Dr John, the Chairman of the Board of The University of Theology, College of Blogging. Im working on another degree, before you know it Im gonna be smarter than him.

Bazza said...

oh oh I sense tension here, ever tried shouting at them. Dr John sent me.

Anonymous said...

I'd say go in there in person and talk right into their face...nah, they'd likely have a coronary...Dr. John said to trip on over here.

Louisiana said...

realtors are sometimes a bit like lawyers..they make too much money, maybe that is why...dr.John is having his marathon again so i popped in to say hello and good luck.

Jerry Bowley said...

I know exactly what you mean! In our recent experiences with booking flights, a cruise, or our vehicle rental, the "Customer Service Representative" was just somebody surfing the same websites we were able to access ourselves!

Hello! What's the friggin' point of that?!?

I wonder if Dr. John has these kinds of problems when we travels the world, preparing foreign governments for their eventual take-over...

Unknown said...

I understand and feel your pain, Jill. Dr.John sent me--mmmmmm.

Margaret said...

Exactly why I don't go to a car dealership anymore. Gosh, I just called about health insurance and the sales person has been stalking me for weeks. I can barely stand it.

-Margie
(stopping by via Dr. John.)

Gingers Mom said...

I like things simple and straight forward as well.

Dr John sent me

Charlene Amsden said...

Whoever invented voice mail and those automated answer systems should be subject to talking only to them for the remainder of their lives! Dr. John is a fellow who likes to give telemarketers a bad time. Maybe you should ask him for some advice.

Cindy said...

Some agencies now have computers that call you and give you a number to call them back on. The ultimate in lazy if you ask me. I say if someone wants to talk to me they can call me themselves. And just last month our insurance agency informed us that they will no longer be taking payments in their office because it interferes with their insurance work. WHAT??!!! We are, as a result of this, taking our business elsewhere. Stopping by on my way to Dr. John's marathon finish line.

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy, Joy, joy! Hoping you find something soon.