Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Moving On-slowly

Well, we put a deposit on a cheaper place to live. We'll be moving from a large house with a yard and two car garage to a two bedroom townhouse with no yard and no garage.It will be quite a change from having a living/dining room, den, 3 bedrooms and an office. It's not what I really wanted. I at least wanted one garage. But since we dont have money to spare, it will have to do. The price is right. Cheap! We can pay the rent out of a little more than one paycheck instead of two plus checks. We looked at apartments and townhouses. It is amazing the prices for tiny apartments! Some complexes had townhouses in them. But to get enough square feet it costs a lot!Plus you have to pay extra for a garage! Then there is the crime element. Seems that every day there is news of crime in these complexes. Our new place will have less of that. There are three buildings of four townhouses each set right at the front of a very nice residential neighborhood. The building we will be in just got a new roof and our unit will be repainted and have new carpet.

So, I've been packing and tossing out things. The last time we moved, we hired a moving company. That was nice, but since we can't afford a moving company this time, we have to do it ourselves.Thankfully, my daughter and son in law who live in Brownwood have said they will help us. Funny, how the child who lives the farthest away will help us and the son who lives here in Houston is too busy. Little does he know he is going to have to get our washer and dryer out of Amanda's storage building. Gee, I wonder how long that will take. I'm still waiting for Amanda to come get the rest of her stuff. She's always too busy too. She only lives an hour away, hum...

I really dread having to do all this. Every time I think I am accomplishing something, I discover more to do. Do we really have all this stuff? Where am I going to put all this? I really do appreciate your help, Annie. Bless you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO on finding a new place! This is an excellent time to use the Flylady motto of "If you don't love it & it doesn't make you smile; toss it!" Would there be time to have a yard sale before you move? If not; send it to Goodwill & use the tax write off.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found a place. Hopefully, you will get enough help with the move and it will go smoothly. Lordy, I hate moving.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.