Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm Thinking Apathy

Did you ever had one of those days where you just dont care? Sounds like a good day for it. I'm tired of everything thing and everybody. It's kind of like " I've heard it all before, you asked me and I told you. Enough." Yesterday the little dog drove me nuts all day long. A two year old child behaves better. Everything on TV irritated me. I got tired of all the talking heads talking over one another to the point I just wanted to yell at the screen "Shut up"

Our ice maker is caput so I called around for prices on a new one. Came to the conclusion that why should I pay $90 for a new ice maker on a 10 year old refrigeration. Especially, since the fridge occasionally makes noises like it is about to go out. Looking a prices of new ones is depressing. We bought our current one used, so we've gotten our money out of it. I can get another one a lot cheaper than a new one. So we decided to, for the time being, spend a couple of dollars on some prehistory items called ice trays. Why bother with an ice maker with the whole fridge may be about to go.

When we moved to this house, we gave our washer/dryer to mystepdaughter because our house came with a set. Of course the dryer takes longer and longer to dry the clothes. So, that leaves yet another question of if we buy another dryer,what do I do with the what that is already here? I dont want to take it downstairs to the garage, I need the space. The laundry room is upstairs with the bed rooms.

Lately we started discussing the possibility of looking for a cheaper place to live. We will have been here 2 years in June. We discovered, since renting this house, that we live in a money pit. Since the landlord has not done much to correct anything, I dont plan to spend money on his house. Try, finding out in 30 degree weather that there is very little insulation, making the house hard to heat and cool. Plus, we left a second floor apart in a nice four plex cause the new owner raised the rent and we had thought since the kids came frequently it'd be nice to have a yard. Hump. Now we rarely see them, or they say they are coming and never show up. Why keep this big house?

So, since nothing suits me today, I guess I just feel apathic. Why bother? The season opener of 24 was pretty good. Of course opposite, wife swap, inane comedy, and the blathering on at the Golden Globes... How many times can you pat yourself on the back?

Then I get up this morning to discover that the moronic Mayor of New Orleans says his city should be a "Chocolate" city!? Huh? Then he tries to spin that statement be saying milk with chocolate makes a good drink. He also said his city's majority is black. Which is it ethnically diverse or back. Is God really mad and sending all these hurricane to punish us?

Sounds like a good day for apathy. Right now I really dont care. Everybody seems to have all the answers, fix it yourself. Think I'll take the day off and read a book.

3 comments:

cube said...

We all have days like that. Don't worry, this too shall pass.

So, what book did you read?

Anonymous said...

Hey mom,
I'll be closer and we can come and visit more often now! That is good cause skylar keeps telling me "mamma, wanna ride tuck with papa!" really cute!
love ya,
annie

cube said...

You're the 2nd person who has mentioned John Nance to me. What kind of books does he write. I'm always on the hunt for good writers.

BTW I just finished Patricia Cornwell's Ripper book, and I'm reading Toole's "Confederacy of Dunces"