Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Questions, questions, questions

Why is it every time I go to a store check out I end up in the slowest lane? Why do guys wear bootcut jeans so long, stilts wouldnt help? Why do people still insist on wearing big, baggy clothes that three other people could get in with them? If a person drowns while wearing bling, it the bling a cause of death? How can my serving spoon fall from the top of the stove into the back of the oven? If a tree falls in a forest, does anyone care? Why does my dog go outside for an hour and come in to poop?Why do women ask, "does this make me look fat?" Why did Dom Capers always have his mouth open at the games? Why are some kids smarter at 10 then their parents are at 30? Why do I care? Why do stores put their Christmas decorations on sale except for some decorations that were not available before or after Christmas? Why does the driver behind me think he can get there faster by passing me? We always meet at the next light. Why does parrot food always have stuff the parrot wont eat? Why can't I find my car when I come out to a parking lot? What would happen if Reggie Bush decided to stay in school? Ha Ha! Why is the murder rate in Houston gone up? Why does any body live in California? Why does anybody live on the gulf coast? Why is television so boring? Why do comics have to use so much profanity? And why do we still think they are funny? What can we learn from Dick Clark? Why don't I just shut up?! Ok.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Jill, so you think "we are cute" LOL. That is an old couple married over 50 years who both love to blog. We also like people a lot. You can click on my name and that will take you to my other blog which is huge compared to this one. Let me tell you about Houston. I sold pot and pans in Houston back in 1952. From door to door. In those days the downtown section of Houston was three blocks wide and about 4 long. One main street (long before freeways) came from the country into downtown. Just before you got downtown was a wealthy section of town where rich people lived. We sold pots and pans there. And believe it, when I say butlers and servants handed me a silver plater for me to put my card on. Can you imagine that? It is true. I also found a wallet downtown one day with several hundred dollars in it. The owner came running up. He grabbed it and thanked me and left. It was his. No reward. Amazing small town in Texas.

Anonymous said...

My mother moved to El Campo Texas and while there had a stroke. I flew into Houston and rented a car at the airport and drove down to El Campo. I just mention it because the only time I was there before that year in the 1980s was way back in 1952. I just couldn't get over this great city as it was a small town when I was there back then. Thanks for the visit.

Rosemary said...

I'm still chuckling!! Lots of good questions you have there LOL!

PS. Thanks for the comment on our blog.

Anonymous said...

Small world.

My mother lived in a small house on a big lot. I don't remember where it was located at. Not the best neighborhood because she couldn't afford that. She sold out everything up here in Ohio and moved to Texas to be near her daughter and son. When she got there her son stayed and still lives in El Campo. Her daughter took off and never came back. She was in Dallas last my mother heard before she passed away. She is buried in the cemetery down there.

My half brother owned a Texaco gasoline station across from a large supermarket. Almost across the street from each other. My mom went to his large supermarket while she lived there. His name was Charles Rhodehamel. He was a big, heavy set, guy and still is. He sold the station back to the gasoline company. Now or for the past several years he and his wife run newspaper routes for a couple of newspapers. And they make good money and only work a few hours at night. She works in the schools in cafeteria.

I never liked El Campo as a visitor. The downtown section reminded me of a place you might find in old Mexico. It looked Western in the movie set scenes.

Thanks for coming back.

Abraham Lincoln
www.oldmanlincoln.com
blog.efx2.com/user/oldmanlincoln/

cube said...

Great questions. Some made me LOL. Others made me think. Some made me think of my own questions, like if there were no sponges in the ocean, would sea level be higher?

Anonymous said...

LOL, great post. Had me thinking, though...

Tor said...

You are making an incorrect assumption when you wonder why the spoon falls to the back of the oven. Spoons are actually animate objects which try to escape from time to time. You think spoon hanging is based on the hangers' skill? Ha! Those spoons decide whose noses (or whatever) they'll hang from.

Peace,

Tor

Tom Harper said...

There used to be an ad on the radio (I forget what they were selling) that asked questions like that. The ones I remember were: What do Chinese people call their best dishes? Why do people park in driveways and drive on parkways? What's a synomym for Thesaurus?