Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm Already Tired of This

I am feeling very frustrated right about now. Since we've made the decision to move out of this money pit house, I've been calling around and the more I call the more frustrated I become. I really dont want to live in an apartment complex, but everything I can find that might fit what we want is in the middle of one. We are looking for a townhouse, or 2-4plex type with a garage and a yard. We also have been looking at smaller houses cause we'd like a yard. The houses all seem to need nearly $2000 to move it. The usual deposit and 1st month rent plus deposit for 2 dogs. That doesn't even include the moving expenses. The cheapest way to move would be to rent a U-Haul and move ourselves, but since we have no one to help us... We can't move all this stuff alone and movers are expensive. Even though my son lives here in town, he is always on call or joined at the hip with his girlfriend. The other kids all live out of town. The closest one lives about an hour from here. She still has some of her stuff here. She had said she would come back with her cousin and his truck to get the stuff, but haven't seen any indication that will happen any time soon. I really don't want to move her stuff too. Funny how many times you help people out, but when you need some help, it is never a convenient time for them.

And so I wait for people to call me back or to even answer their phone. It's frustrating because I can't really get any good answers. When I find something that looks like it might work, I either can't get hold of any one to tak to or the ad ends up being not exactly what we want.

Then of course the idiot boss decided that if Jimmy is not doing plumbing related work he would take $250 a week off his paycheck. Gotta do plumbing 5 days to get a full check, four days of plumbing and one day other construction cuts the pay. This is not funny. I don't think I will be going to the company Christmas party. I might just get nasty with the boss. How can anyone budget when you don't know what your weekly check will be?

I'm tired of waiting on people who promise things and then don't deliver. I'm tired of getting my hopes up only to have them dashed. I could get really crabby. Trying to be positive, things will work out, right?

3 comments:

Pixie said...

YIKES on the pay. That doesn't seem right to me. Wonder how he can get away with that.

Moving is a HUGE PITA! I hope you guys are able to find something suitable. I wish I lived closer; we'd come help. :-)

maria said...

Hi,

Try to stay positive.Remember you
just told me that it takes fewer
muscles to smile than to frown.!!!

Anyway,wishing you to find someone
to help out with the moving.

Marie

cube said...

Sending some good vibes your way. Sounds like you need them.

Meanwhile, crack the whip on those kids of yours. They need to roll up their sleeves and help.