Monday, December 04, 2006

Now Which Box Is ....?

As I sit here among the boxes, I wonder will I be able to tolerate this. Funny, the easiest thing was the transfer of the phone. Amazingly when we plugged in all the computer components, everything worked. Internet up and running.


I must thank my daughters for their help at Thanksgiving. They did all the work. Thanks Annie and Traci! Big hugs for both of you! Of course one of Traci's kids brought everyone a special present- a cold. It was shared by all of us! Thanks Brad. Jason, Bobby and Pat helped load and unload the U-Haul. Some things were not fun to try to get into or up the stairs in this townhouse. I know it was not much fun for them, but they didn't complain. I am a little sad that we couldn't fit all the furniture in here, but that's how it goes. I'm still waiting for the maintanence man to fix things which should have been done before we moved in here. We need new windown screens, three windows need blinds, the smoke alarms are still not installed. I'm still trying to figure out why it takes this guy so long to do things. All of this should have been done at least three weeks ago. Every time I leave the house I have to lock up Lady and Daisy so they won't get out. Lady is not a real problem, but Daisy would take off running!

While I was cleaning the other house I took time one afternoon to try to call the electric company. After being on hold for one solid hour with the same dumb song playing on an endless loop, I was ready to scream! I won't even mention that my cell phone battery almost died. So, I got smart and called them the next morning at 7:15. No problem.

I have no idea what to do with some of our stuff because there is no more room in the storage building. At this point the second bedroom is rapidly turning into a storage area. At least the closet in it is large. Moving from a large house with a living/dining room, den, three bedrooms, office and a two car garage into a itty-bitty place is a real trick. Going from a large kitchen to a postage stamp kitchen is a real magic trick! I just hope I can find some place to put all the stuff! The question arises again. Why do we have so much stuff! My current solution is if I can find a hole, stuff something in it!

Now which box has the paper towels? Never mind that, where is the toilet paper! Eat? Eat what? Where are the pots and the food to put in them? What do you mean the large burner on the stove doesn't work? At least I got my old washer and dryer back! I love my dryer! It doesn't take all day to dry clothes, yipee! I can now almost see the living room floor. Maybe one day I'll get everything unpacked.

Why is it that the people who get paid the big bucks to design homes forget things like closets? It is obvious that the architect forget to allow for a bathroom closet in the master bath- so they added one, oops? So that's why that wall sticks out like that.

So, onward through the boxes. Now which box has the vodka? What do you mean toothpaste? Ever try to find the cold medicine after it has been packed?

1 comments:

cube said...

I hate moving, but I love the feeling of being in a new place, with new corners to turn.

Unfortunately, you can't have the good without the bad.

Hang in there & for goodness sake, always remember where you packed the vodka!