Friday, February 10, 2006

Let's Be Positive Out There

Husband put the new battery in the car. So, yesterday I had to run an errand. With trepidation I start up and go. Make it back home ok. But, I guess now wehave to get a new alternator cause I notice the battery gauge kept going down. Nuts! Alternators for Trans Ams aren't cheap. At least it would be easy to change out since it sits right on top. Ever looked at how they cram stuff around the engine? I guess it could be worse. Could be hidden under stuff.

My neighbor got a couple of boards out to fix the hole his dog created in the fence. Wonder what he is waiting on, inspiration? He's got them leaning up against the fence. Guess he has to find his hammer and nails. My 10 year old granddaughter could get it done faster, and she doesnt live in Houston!

Now that my dianthus are happily blooming along, we are expecting a hard freeze this week-end. Naturally. I even have a couple of tomato plants that came up in a pot from last year's left overs. There is even a pot of Texas Blue Bonnets growing nicely. At least we wont have snow or ice.

I positively hate those Sonic commercials...positively love Dancing with the Stars.

It is supposed to start pouring down rain any minute now. Such fun. Don't look forward to taking Daisy out in the rain to do her business. She is getting better at walking on a leash, tho.

I'm looking forward to the week-end. Probably wont get done anything that needs to be done. We need to clean out one of the storage buildings. Not much left in it, but we are still paying $100/month for it. And we need to mow the grass, no make that the weeds. They are getting thick and the rain today will just make them worse. Maybe we can at least get those two things done. Now that's really positive thinking!

I keep saying to myself, "it's going to get better, it's going to get better". Am I convinced,yet? Uh... Think positive thoughts...

Let's be positive out there. Tinkerbell needs our help.

1 comments:

LET'S TALK said...

Jill, thanks for stopping by my site. I'm sorry that I rave about what this President is doing to this Country. But I guess that I'm just tired of the way things are going with him and how he forgets that we the people, are America, not the big business. You made me smile when you talked about the guy who's preparing to fix the fence and how long it seems to take him just to get started. Good blog, keep it up.