Thursday, February 02, 2006

Phil Isn't Phooling Me

So Phil saw his shadow. Well, with all those cameras and lights I guess he would. Six more weeks of winter he says. Where? Houston? Uh, don't think so. I've got the best crop of clover and weeds I've ever had. It's going to be close to 80 degrees today. My little friend Woody the red bellied woodpecker is back drinking from the hummingbird feeder. The azalea trail tour isn't scheduled until March yet some of them are beginning to bloom. In order to stall the blooming the azalea tour people are putting ice around the base of these plants in hopes of slowing them down. Won't be much of a tour if they bloom too early. Gardening stores are hoping for brisk sales since the weather has been so warm.

So, Phil, six more weeks of winter? Please don't tell me we are going to have a Big Surprise of a deep freeze in three to four weeks. You sly dog, I mean groundhog. Maybe Phil needs a vacation. After all it did snow in Hawaii.

I remember the TV show "Alice" in which the character of Flo frequently said that something would or wouldn't happen "when pigs fly". Dare I look up?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

And don't forget; "kiss my grits!!!."