Wednesday, June 14, 2006

So FEMA Paid for a Sex Change Operation?

Soon after Katrina hit forcing many people to flee to Houston we began to notice that the Fema and Red Cross money was not being spent for "basic necessities". It was being used for booze, strip club visits and many other fraudulant uses. At the time I complained that this was wrong. But many people disagreed with me saying that they really didnt care how these people chose to spend the money. Now people have discovered just how much money was used fraudulantly. I am still unhappy with what some of these people have chosen to buy with this money. Now, people are begining to realize the extend of the fraud. I complained about the fact that people were using the money for lap dances and booze as well as drugs. The mayor of Houston was outraged at the reports of people with multiple cards using money this way. Well now we are finding out just how much money some people have stolen. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. Billions of dollars have gone to pay for tropical vacations, expensive cars, even a sex change operation. We really need to be more aware of how our money is being spent. To say that we shouldnt care if a guy buys some beer or a lap dance as a way of coping with the stress of being a hurricane victim is nuts. That was our tax money helping many people, it is just too bad that some people took advantage of our giving nature. Now we have seen what some people have done. I want my money back. Who do we blame? The people who used the money fraudulantly or the government for having no control? Hurricane season is here again,I just hope that somehow we can have better control of how our money is spent. We work too hard for our money. Does anyone care how our government spends (or gives away) our money? Or am I the only one who cares?

2 comments:

Trinity13 said...

I think the government def needs to be changing a few things so that no one takes advantage of them again.

Josh said...

Now this is very interesting...