Friday, June 30, 2006

Star Wars

Enough already! So ya got fired, get over it! Star Jones Reynolds is hitting the airwaves telling everyone who will listen her side of the story. I'm sick of it. Barbara Walters said ABC decided not to renew her contract in November. Star says she wasn't told until April 21. What does that say? Is someone not being honest? Everyone knows about the weight loss and the wedding which turned off viewers. Supposedly, The View had her time to get another job and exit gracefully. It came down to the day she was supposed to announce her departure. She chose a different day and upset Barbara and the rest of The View. She keeps saying she wants to be honest and have a measure of good character. So why is she everywhere proclaiming that she was being treated unfairly? She keeps talking endlessly about the fact that she had been on the program for nine years and she feels that she was fired.Poor baby. Don't tell me this woman was not making a lot of money. She isn't hurting now, nor will she hurt in the future. She speaks of character all the time. Have some character now and just shut up. Between the People article and appearances on programs like the Insider, ET, Insider, Larry King, Today, etc I've seen more of her than I had ever hoped to see. Of course it might have been funny to see the sparks fly between Star and Rosie next season, since apparently they dont like each other. Star Jones Reynolds needs to take heed of her own words and have some grace and dignity and just shut up.

5 comments:

Pixie said...

*AMEN* I for one could not STAND her laugh, it was like nails down the chaulk board for me. But I'm not sure if I'll be a fan of the new View once Rosie starts. I guess we'll wait & see. Rumor has it Elizabeth(?), the young one, is going to get the boot too............

Pixie said...

Hey! You should start doing the Thursday Thirteens!!

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!
I always despised Star....she is truly a "media whore" (pardon the term).

Anonymous said...

She is the reason I stopped watching "The View". It seemed like she was always trying to start an argument with Joy, or she was constantly trying to prove she was right all of the time.

However, I would have loved to watch the exchange between her and Rosie. I'm not a big fan of Rosie either, but she isn't as self absorbed as Star is.

Have a safe and fun 4th of July!!

Ron Franscell said...

For a woman who wasn't much of anything BEFORE "The View," and who hasn't really added to the general welfare of, oh, anybody except herself, Star Jones should merely be thankful that her 15 minutes lasted more than 15 minutes.