Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Teepee Motel

Imagine going on vacation and checking into a nice little hotel in Wharton, Texas. Imagine this motel is designed to look like a Native American teepee. Don't laugh. There actually is such a thing. Wharton is about 60 miles southwest of Houston. After being in disuse and disrepair for years, it is now open for business. Each room is a teepee. It has all the modern amenities like a/c, bathroom, shower, cable tv in color. It even has a refrigerator and microwave in each room. The new owner spent a couple of million dollars fixing it. Though it is a little off the beaten path, it is something to see.Interesting? At least it would be a good picture. Why anyone would want to stay in Wharton, I don't know but it is only about an hour's drive from Houston. I'm glad that the Teepee Motel is back in business.

3 comments:

annieskyman said...

You're kidding right?! OMG...I remember driving by that thing all the time. LOL...

I've slept in a hogan at jason's grandparents place...it was....interesting..

who is this guy that's annoying you...that's just childish.

B.R.L said...

It sound like an interesting place to stay. I am sure there must be other things to attract people there.

Lori's Minute said...

I would love to stay there....it sounsd like fun and I bet the kids would like it too!